The Town Council’s main recreation area is the recreation ground on North Trade Road.
Play facilities include, for younger children, a castle themed play area, a play boat and springy horses; for older children & teens there is an area including a basket swing, aero skate and a sheltered seating pod.
The recreation ground is also the home of the Battle Health Pathway, an all weather track for walking or cycling, and a cycle skills area.
There are full size and youth football pitches, a multi use games area (MUGA), outdoor table tennis table, petanque court and tennis courts, including a practice fence. Court 1 is available to book via https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/BattleRecreationGround
Car parking is available and there is also an accessible toilet facility.
If your group or organisation would like to use the recreation ground for a regular or one-off event please contact the office by email to email@example.com or use the contact form on the website to seek permission. Personal trainers and coaches are also required to seek permission before using the recreation ground. Terms and conditions of hire can be found below.
A smaller recreation ground, Telham Playing Field, is along Hastings Road. There is an open space and some play equipment including swings, small climbing frames and a seesaw. There are no parking facilities but the area can be accessed from Hastings Road or from footpath 101 (the Rights of Way map showing the footpath routes can be found here.
Permissions granted for casual use of recreational facilities at the Recreation Ground :
- Multi Use Games Area (MUGA)
- Adult pitch – pitch work
- Youth Pitch – pitch work
- Petanque terrain
The Abbey Green is an open space in the heart of the High Street where you can sit and watch the world go by. This is also the site for several of the town’s events including an annual marbles competition, medieval fayre and the Battle bonfire celebrations.
The Town Council manages this area and if you would like to request use of this for a non-commercial event please contact the Town Council via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Permissions granted for casual use of the Abbey Green :
- Marbles match Good Friday 15th April
- Medieval Fayre 2nd – 5th June
- Cancer Research Event 11th September
Regular use of recreation ground facilities
Main pitch –
- Battle Town Football Club – July and August, Monday & Wednesday evenings 6 pm – 8pm
- Football season Saturday afternoons K.O. 3pm when BST, 2 pm when GMT
- Battle Knights- walking football, Tuesdays 10am to 11am (weather dependent)
- Pass & Move – Season matches Sunday morning
- Battle Town Football Club – Walking football Tuesdays 10 am to 11am
- Pass & Move – Summer training Monday evenings 4.30 pm to 7 pm & Tuesday evenings 6.30 pm to 8 pm
- Season matches, Saturday & Sundays 9 am to 12.30 pm
Petanque court –
- 1st & 3rd Wednesday each month from 10 a.m. to 12 pm